Rio Grande Federal Credit Union, your member owned financial institution, is committed to providing you with financial products and services to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our members’ privacy. You can be confident that your financial is a priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information.
Information We Collect About You
We collect non-public personal information about you form the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provided on an application or other forms: this may be obtained form your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as previously described above, to companies that perform other services on our behalf so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of the credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate you membership with Rio Grande Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance if maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that company with federal regulations to guard you nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
Rio Grande Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, Members can help by following these simple guidelines.
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PIN’s (personal identification numbers) or passwords, Never keep you PIN with your card, which can provide free access to you account if you card is lost or stolen
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union. Official credit union staff will have access to you information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone numbers changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
If you have questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!